The iPhone emerges into the light. This year is no exception. The iPhone 5 has arrived and we’ve decided to put together a quick, easy to read list of all the new features, design aspects, and other details.
iPhone 5 Design
- Made entirely of aluminum and glass
- 7.6mm thin
- Weighs 112 grams
- 4″ 1136×360 resolution retina display. – Width is the same, just taller so different aspect ratio. Looks like they essentially added a row of app icons beneath the existing four.
- LTE and HSPA+ Support
- A6 chipset
- Better Battery Life – 8 hours talk or LTE browsing and 10 hours on Wifi instead
- 8MP Camera (same as iPhone 4S resolution)
- 1080P video (same as iPhone 4S resolution)
- 720P front facing camera resolution
- Three microphones for better noise cancellation
- 3G Facetime Enabled
- “Lightning” Connector, claiming better data transmission etc. but really we all know its so they can charge third parties a new licensing fee to make chargers and accessories…
- Will come in White front or Black front, back will always be the metallic color.
iOS 6 Features
- First part apps optimized for larger display on iPhone 5
- Third party apps will run letter boxed until their developers update them (so a black bar on either side).
- Panorama picture taking
- New maps application with a built in search engine
- Yelp integrated into the maps
- Turn by turn integrated into the maps
- 3D buildings
- Passbook for keeping track of rewards cards, booking tickets.
- Siri knows movies, sports scores, and restaurants. She can post your updates to Facebook and Twitter.
Pricing and Availability
- Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon here in the US.
- All carriers in the US will support LTE.
- $199 for 16GB. $299 for 32GB, $399 for 64GB.
- Pre-orders start on Friday the 14th of September, shipping begins the 21st of September.
Post a Comment