Here’s a changelog:
- Option to show key border, no more holo themes
- One handed mode
- Long press for hinted symbols can be toggled
- Adjustable keyboard height in settings
- New first time user set-up screen
- Opt-in and a setting for sharing snippets with Google to improve the keyboard for everyone
- Long-press and drag to remove suggestions from suggestion bar
- Dynamic floating preview removed (preview in suggestion bar now)
- Delete whole words by sliding left from delete key
- Gesture cursor control by sliding left/right on space bar
- Faster access to the number pad and emoji
There’s a one handed mode for larger devices, new gestures (sliding left from the delete key deletes entire words, control the cursor by sliding on the space bar), there’s a new theme option for button borders, and a lot more.
One of the bigger feature additions allows you to delete recommended words by long pressing the suggestion and dragging it into a new floating trash bin.
The update is rolling out in stages. Head to the Google Play Store link below to check for the update and if you don’t see it, well you'll just have to sit tight. Please note, Google Keyboard 5.0 WILL NOT work with Android N Preview Beta we'll be sure to update you when Android N Preview Beta is supported.
Tell us what you think of this new update? Leave a comment!
Source: Google Play Store, Google Keyboard 5.0 ARM (direct APK link), Google Keyboard 5.0 ARM64 (direct APK link)