According to a new Chromecast support page, Google Chromecast users can now enroll their Chromecast into a “Preview Program” for access to early and unreleased features…
The support page allows Google Chromecast users to join the preview program and will be able to try new features, give feedback directly back to the Chromecast team, and will be emailed every time a new update rolls out to their Google Chromecast streaming device.
According to the Google Chromecast support page you will be able to use the Google Cast app to enroll in the preview program by following the steps below:
- From your Android or iOS device, open the Google Cast app.
- Tap the Devices tab to see your available Chromecast devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast you’d like to enroll in the Preview Program.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu (three squares).
- Tap Device Settings.
- Tap Preview Program. ***Google stated If you don’t see Preview Program, we aren’t accepting new members at this time. Please continue to check back as opportunities become available***.
- Choose whether to receive email notifications by moving the slider to the right or left.
- If you opt-in to email notifications, you’ll be asked to sign into your Google account.
- Review the contents of that page, and tap Join Program.
- Review the contents of the page, then tap OK, GOT IT.
Google has also made note, this program is not a beta program and the “intention is that Preview Program updates will be of the same quality as production version updates.”
Source: Google Chromecast support page