Regional carrier C Spire (formerly Cellular South) today announced a $60 million rollout of LTE services in September, to cover 20 markets in Mississippi. The locations are:
- Jackson metropolitan area
- Mississippi Gulf Coast
- In South Mississippi: the cities of Brookhaven, Columbia, Natchez, Petal, Hattiesburg, McComb and Lucedale;
- In North Mississippi: the cities of Oxford, Tupelo, Corinth, New Albany, Pontotoc, Booneville, Starkville, Columbus and West Point;
- In the Mississippi Delta, the cities of Yazoo City, Cleveland, Greenville, Greenwood and Clarksdale
- In East Mississippi: the city of Meridian and parts of Lauderdale County
A relatively small area, to be sure, but it should be fairly fast. C Spire is promising average data speeds between 4 and 12 Mbps downstream, and between 1 and 5 Mbps upstream.
No new LTE devices were announced.
Post a Comment